Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
I had some dried banana & wasn't sure what to do with it so thought I'd give it a go in my porridge
- 2 tablespoons dried bananas, finely chopped (not banana chips but soft dried banana)
- 2 tablespoons pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla-flavored syrup
- milk, to serve
- Combine ingredients in a bowl & cook in the microwave for approx 1 1/2 mins, stirring after a minute.
- Serve with extra milk.
This is a good way to spice up your oatmeal. I used walnuts instead of dates, since I didn't have any. I love dried bananas, they are so flavorful. The only slight negative is that the flavor does get a little lost in this. But still -- a great breakfast.
Oh Mandy, what a terrific creation! Cutting the bananas is a little difficult but worth it. I omitted the vanilla syrup but used light vanilla soymilk instead of milk. My husband gave me an odd look when he saw me with a martini glass at 7 a.m. until I told him this oatmeal was made for the Beverage Tag Game.