Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ganked from Cooking Light, via a food blog.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 16 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients plus seeds scraped from vanilla bean in saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes). Add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and arrange in roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Brush half of broth mixture over chicken. Bake 5 minutes more, then brush on remaining broth mixture.
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 180° (about 15 minutes).
I cut the recipe in half and replaced the vanilla bean with some vanilla extract. This was really good- on the sweet side and great with rice. Made for Pac 07.