1/3 Photos of Vanilla Baked Cheesecake With Hazelnut and Cinnamon Crust
1 hr 45 mins
This delectably delicious cheesecake is a huge crowd pleaser in my family. The brilliant crunchy hazelnut crust is a perfect contrast to the sweet, smooth texture of the vanilla filling. This one is always requested for family dinner parties and looks amazing decorated with chocolate truffles (see my other recipes).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 80 g butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, roasted, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup apricot jam, warmed
- chocolate truffles, to decorate (see my other recipes)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 24cm diametre springform cake tin and line its base with baking paper (cut to fit).
- 2Combine the top 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Press mixture over the base of the prepared tin so that it covers the entire base without any gaps.
- 3Refrigerate for 20 minutes then bake base in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4Remove from oven and spread evenly with jam. Reduce temperature to 150°C (130°C fan-forced).
- 5For the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese, ricotta, vanilla extract, half the sugar and juice in a large bowl with an electric mixer until just combined; do not over-beat.
- 6Combine the remaining sugar and eggs in a separate bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes on high speed or until thick and creamy.
- 7Gently fold the egg mixture into cheese mixture and carefully pour over prepared base. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- 8Cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar for at least 2 hrs then refrigerate overnight.
- 9To serve, decorate the centre of the cheesecake with a pyramid of assorted prepared truffles or chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Baked Cheesecake With Hazelnut and Cinnamon Crust
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.9
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 149.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 8.8 g