Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a spicyk nutty, dessert, that tastes just a little different fro anything else, and also has the wonderful taste of ice cream!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground gingersnaps, about 10 cookies
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 6 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix gingersnap crumbs, pecans and melted butter until well blended. Press mixture into bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Freeze for 20 minutes. Scoop ice-cream into crust; cover loosely with plastic wrap, pressing gently to smooth ice-cream.
- Keep covered and freeze until solid, for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and orange juice concentrate, stir over medium heat until rhubarb is tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in candied ginger. Let cool.
- To serve, remove torte from pan; transfer to cake plate. Pour cooled rhubarb mixture over frozen torte.
- NOTE: Prep time does not include freezer time.