Chef mariajane's Note:
This is a spicyk nutty, dessert, that tastes just a little different fro anything else, and also has the wonderful taste of ice cream!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups ground gingersnaps, about 10 cookies
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1Mix gingersnap crumbs, pecans and melted butter until well blended. Press mixture into bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Freeze for 20 minutes. Scoop ice-cream into crust; cover loosely with plastic wrap, pressing gently to smooth ice-cream.
- 2Keep covered and freeze until solid, for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- 3In a saucepan, combine sugar and orange juice concentrate, stir over medium heat until rhubarb is tender, 15-20 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in candied ginger. Let cool.
- 5To serve, remove torte from pan; transfer to cake plate. Pour cooled rhubarb mixture over frozen torte.
- 6NOTE: Prep time does not include freezer time.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla and Rhubarb Torte
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.2
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.9 mg
- Sodium 380.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: