1/1 Photo of Vanilla and Cinnamon Crumb Cake
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for a dark-finish pan).
- 2Line a 10-inch springform pan with parchment, grease the bottom and sides and set aside.
- 3To make the crumb top, in the bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar; and cinnamon.
- 4Cut in the vanilla and cold butter on low speed until coarse dry crumbs are formed.
- 5Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- 6If not using immediately, refrigerate until needed.
- 7To make the cake batter, without cleaning the mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- 8Add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract and beat well on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- 9The mixture will be loose.
- 10Add the flour; cinnamon, baking powder; baking soda, and salt and beat on low speed for 15 seconds.
- 11Add the sour cream and beat on medium-high speed only until the lumps smooth out and the mixture looks fluffy, about 30 seconds on medium-high speed.
- 12Do not overbeat.
- 13Spread the batter evenly into the prepared springform pan.
- 14Sprinkle the top evenly with the crumb topping.
- 15Bake on the center rack of the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the top is crisp and feels firm when gently touched in the center; the cake separates slightly from the sides of the pan, and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean (it may be a bit moist; that's okay).
- 16Do not overbake, or the cake will be dry.
- 17Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing the sides of the pan.
- 18Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving warm, or cover in plastic wrap to serve later at room temperature.
- 19Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla and Cinnamon Crumb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5354.7
- Calories from Fat 2268
- Total Fat 252.0 g
- Saturated Fat 152.0 g
- Cholesterol 1224.1 mg
- Sodium 2573.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 703.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 288.1 g
- Protein 70.4 g