Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a delicious dessert that is layers of pecans, cream cheese, vanilla pudding and chocolate pudding. My husband found this recipe at allrecipes.com and wanted me to make it because it sounded like a dessert his grandmother used to make. I am now asked to bring it to family gatherings!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) nestle Crunch bars
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine pecans, flour and butter. Press nut mixture into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whip together cream cheese, confectioners sugar and half of the frozen whipped topping. Spread this mixture on top of baked crust.
- In a large mixing bowl beat milk, chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding until thick. Pour over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle crushed Nestle Crunch bars on top.
- Let set in fridge until chilled.
Goodness but this is good! It reminds me of my mother in law's dessert and she is gone now. It is such a comfort to have found it again! Thanks.