Prep 30 mins
Cook 44 mins
Make and share this Vanilla and Butter-Rich Glazed Buttermilk Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in the lower third of the oven; spray bottom only of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the brownie mix, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla, and eggs with a wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 40-44 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, melted butter, and vanilla until blended and smooth.
- Add just enough milk, a teaspoon at a time, to make glaze a thin spreading consistency, whisking until smooth.
- Spread glaze over warm brownies and cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
These were EXCELLENT!! I was looking for a way to use some buttermilk I bought for making country fried steak and came across this recipe. I loved the use of packaged brownie mix, it makes life so much easier. They were super moist and the glaze was really good, although next time I am going to try water instead of milk, just personal preference because I don't like the taste of milk and you can sort of taste it in the glaze. But my milk issues aside these brownies were unbelievable.