Recipe by Perfect Pixie
Who doesn't love boysenberries? Who doesn't love ice cream? That's right, no one, so everyone should be tucking in to this baby
- 1 liter vanilla ice cream
- 300 ml cream
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 425 g boysenberries in syrup, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread half the vanilla ice cream into the base of 23cm loose bottom cake tin.
- Place in the freezer.
- Place the remaining ice cream back into the freezer.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar together until very thick.
- fold in the Boysenberries and chocolate chips.
- Spread the boysenberries cream over the base of the ice cream in the cake tin.
- Return to the freezer for two hours.
- Spread the remaining tip top vanilla ice cream over the boysenberry cream and return to the freezer for at least six hours and preferable overnight.
- To serve warm a cloth and run around the outside of the cake tin.
- Remove the sides of the cake tin and place the ice cream cake onto a serving plate.
- Dust with cocoa and cut into wedges to serve.