Prep 6 hrs
Cook 7 mins
This soap is great for removing dirt and oil from the skin without drying. Vanilla gives it a delicious fragrance and the ground almonds provide a beautifully textured soap.
- 1⁄3 cup whole almond
- 4 ounces castile bath soap
- 1⁄4 cup distilled water
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla fragrance oil
- Grind the almonds to a fine powder in a food processor or coffee grinder and set aside.
- Shred the soap and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan bring the water to a boil; then reduce heat to a simmer and add the shredded soap until it is melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the almond powder, almond oil, and vanilla fragrance oil, stirring until well blended.
- Spoon the soap into a mold and let set for five hours or until hardened.
- Use it in the shower!