Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Only 2 Weight Watchers points per serving! (cook time is freezing time!)
- 1 (8 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pints non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt (softened)
- nutmeg (optional)
- roasted almonds (optional)
- Combine ricotta, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and nutmeg in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth, about 5 seconds. Add the frozen yogurt and pulse to combine, about 5 seconds longer.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9xl3-inch metal baking pan, or a shallow plastic tub and cover with plastic wrap or a lid. Freeze until partially frozen, about 3 hours.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Do not overprocess. Return the mixture to the pan, cover, and freeze until firm, about 3 hours longer. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften before serving.
- For individual treats, you can freeze the tortoni in paper cups. Divide the mixture into twelve 4-ounce paper cups and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours, or overnight. Before serving, remove the cup and top with a sprinkle of nutmeg and toasted sliced almonds, if desired.