Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
So good with apple slices, on toasted English muffins, with grahm crackers. Adapted from the California Almond Board.
- 236.59 ml of dry-roasted almonds
- 44.37 ml almond oil (if you don't have almond oil-try a neutral oil with a couple drops of almond extract)
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract (Mexican or homemade preferred)
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 1 fresh vanilla bean
- In a food processor combine almonds, almond oil, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Remove vanilla paste from inside bean and add paste to mixture.
- Blend to combine.
- For best flavor, chill for 24 hours prior to serving.
- Serve with vanilla or cinnamon graham crackers, apples or other fruit, on toast, muffins, or put in smoothies! Enjoy!
This recipe is just awesome!!!! The almond butter tastes just super yummy with just the right amount of sweetness to it and the vanilla being such a nice addition flavourwise. Instead of vanilla extract I used ground vanilla bean mixed with my sugar. It turned out very yummy. I bought plain almonds, that I blanched and afterwards roasted in the oven at 400Â°F for 10 minutes to get them to a nice golden colour. I found that I needed to use only 1 1/2 tbs oil with my almonds to get them to a creamy, buttery consistency. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Sharon! It will save me a lot of money for commercial almond butter, which probably doesnt taste half as good. Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #21 April 2010.
This is just too nice, I couldn't stop puting it on things!!! Just wonderful with warm Scotch Pancakes. Made for tag game, thanks Sharon