Recipe by anonymous
This recipe came off of a box of Cascadian Farm Organic French Vanilla Almond Granola cereal. The original recipe obviously calls for that brand of granola cereal but you can use any kind of granola you like in this recipe! I think you could also probably use fresh fruit instead of frozen - I haven't tried that but I don't see why it wouldn't work!
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
- 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg white, butter, brown sugar, and almond extract with a spoon until creamy.
- Beat in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in the granola.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the blueberries and sugar; spoon over dough to within ½ inch of the edges.
- Crumble the remaining 1/3 of dough on top of the fruit.
- Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and set. (High altitude – bake for 30-35 minutes.)
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes, then cut into 16 bars.