Recipe by HeidiRenee
Splenda is perfect for this recipe - noticed NO DIFFERNCE from the sugar - so good - and by not having the sugar my diabetic son can enjoy too! We use the Biscotti Pipe-n-Bake pan but I'm sure this recipe can be used for traditional biscotti too.
Top Review by laurenlikesfood
This recipe rocks, especially for being sugar-free! The biscotti were quick and easy to make. I am allergic to almonds so I used toasted pecans, yum! I also had to substitute whole wheat flour for health reasons, and they still turned out fantastic! Next time, I might melt an unsweetened chocolate bar with some splenda and dip the biscotti in that. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced, roughly chopped (not too small)
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Use mixer to beat butter and splenda till light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla, stir.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in 1/2 of the flour mixture.
- Stir in milk.
- Add remaining flour mixture and combine well.
- Add chopped almonds and mix inches.
- Make into biscotti loaf or use the Pipe-N-Bake Biscotti pan like we do.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- We like our biscotti soft, but if you don't you can put biscotti on a cookie sheet and return to the oven for 10 more minutes to crisp them.