Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Splenda is perfect for this recipe - noticed NO DIFFERNCE from the sugar - so good - and by not having the sugar my diabetic son can enjoy too! We use the Biscotti Pipe-n-Bake pan but I'm sure this recipe can be used for traditional biscotti too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced, roughly chopped (not too small)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Use mixer to beat butter and splenda till light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla, stir.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in 1/2 of the flour mixture.
- Stir in milk.
- Add remaining flour mixture and combine well.
- Add chopped almonds and mix inches.
- Make into biscotti loaf or use the Pipe-N-Bake Biscotti pan like we do.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- We like our biscotti soft, but if you don't you can put biscotti on a cookie sheet and return to the oven for 10 more minutes to crisp them.
This recipe rocks, especially for being sugar-free! The biscotti were quick and easy to make. I am allergic to almonds so I used toasted pecans, yum! I also had to substitute whole wheat flour for health reasons, and they still turned out fantastic! Next time, I might melt an unsweetened chocolate bar with some splenda and dip the biscotti in that. Thanks!
Both of my parents love biscotti but due to diabetes it's been off limits. I've tried several different recipes and have received thumbs down on all. Until this one. Both my mother and father absolutely LOVE it. My last visit they were eating biscotti with morning coffee and again as a before bed snack. Flavorful and so light! Fantastic!