1/10 Photos of Vaniljkakor (Swedish Vanilla Cookies)
This is one of my favorite cookies. It's from my Swedish Grandma. They are very simple, but I think that's what I like about them. Very tender and rich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar well.
- 2Gradually add sugar, and cream until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in egg yolk, vanilla and flour, blend thoroughly.
- 4Roll into walnut-sized balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- 5Make a nice indentation in top of each cookie, I use the end (the handle end)of a wooden spoon for this.
- 6Put a little bit of jelly or jam into each indentation.
- 7Bake in 350º oven for at least 15 minutes or til pale golden yellow.
- 8Cool, then sift powdered sugar over them.
- 9*Tips for measuring four!
- 10When recipes say "flour, sifted", it means to measure the flour into a sifter, then sift into the rest of the ingredients.
- 11When a recipe says "sifted flour", that means that you sift flour into a separate bowl first, then measure it, then add to the rest of the ingredients. In this recipe, if you don't sift the flour first, you will be adding too much, and your dough will be a little dry and hard to work with.
- 12Also, lightly spoon your flour into your measuring cup, don't scoop it from the bag or your bowl. Scooping it compacts the flour and you will be adding too much whether it has been sifted first or not. (Then always level it off with the straight edge of a knife.).
- 13Some recipes are "forgiving", but baking recipes aren't always that forgiving! Correct measuring can be extremely important.
- 14Hope this helps! :).
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vaniljkakor (Swedish Vanilla Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1340.4
- Calories from Fat 689
- Total Fat 76.5 g
- Saturated Fat 47.4 g
- Cholesterol 269.0 mg
- Sodium 30.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 53.0 g
- Protein 13.6 g