Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an amazing recipe my mother taught me, it is moist, tastey, and has good texture.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (helps moist the cake)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, spray a 5'' loaf pan with non stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream togerther the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, add the eggs and whisk for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, Mixit in just to combine but do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared an and smooth the top so its even. cook for about 50 minutes to an hour or until when a tooth puck entered in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes befor serving.