A light but filling and flavorful salad that is perfect for picnics and cookouts
Make and share this Vanessa's Sweet Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml curry powder
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 bunch scallions, minced
- 14.78 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 78.07 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 78.07 ml lime juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cumin
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Toss peeled, diced sweet potato chunks in canola oil, sesame oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, curry powder and salt until thoroughly coated. Spread evenly in jelly roll pan or large baking stone and roast in oven until lightly browned, around 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While sweet potatoes roast:.
- --Prepare bell peppers, scallions, sesame seeds and cilantro, set aside.
- --Combine extra-virgin olive oil, lime juice, salt, cumin and pepper in jar or dressing cruet; shake well to combine. Set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are room temperature, combine them in large bowl with bell peppers, scallions, sesame seeds and cilantro; add dressing and mix thoroughly. Can be served at room temperature or chilled.
A perfect salad for the hot summer months. There is no mayo or heavy dressing to go bad. It went very well with ham and roasted asparagus. The citrus in the dressing became lemon because that is what I had on had. The oil was reduced by about half. I used a red bell pepper and with the scallions this was a beautiful dish. I will be making this one again very soon.