Recipe by Space Cake Cook
Yummy and hearty vegan soup from www.vanesscipes.com. I like to double it and freeze it in little week-size batches.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium leeks
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can artichokes, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the leeks and cook until wilted.
- Add water, asparagus, potatoes, seasoning, and vinegar. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat. Add beans and artichoke. Blend soup in batches in blender. Rehead and serve.
- (For non-vegan soup, add cooked chicken. The soup is nice and thick, but if you want it chunkier than just blend only half the soup).