Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is so good--well at least my family and i think it does. Try it- great combination of salty and sweet; great for a large party--or like my sister and I do, eat it all! Great for clearing out the last bits of crackers and such in your cupboard too! :) Enjoy!
- 1 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup Life Cereal
- 1 cup shredded wheat cereal
- 1 cup pretzel
- 4 cups crackers, Ritz, Premium, etc, etc, etc... throw in any of those stale crackers and cereals too (any kinds you like- we use Cheese Nips, Rice Crackers (sesame)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce (i use 1/2 light and 1/2 dark)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder (I don't measure, so approximate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cereals, pretzels, and crackers in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together oils, soya sauce, and garlic powder.
- Add in onion powder until consistency is quite thick.
- Use hands to incorporate onion mixture into the crackers, pretzel, and cereal mix.
- Use parchment onto a large flat pan and add mixture onto pan.
- Cook in oven for 8-12 minute. Check consistently (depends on your crackers) until crackers are lightly brown (some items won't change colour).
I struggled with getting all of the cereals & crackers coated. Is three teaspoons of liquids correct for 8 cups of crackers? I ended up using 1/2 cup oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. I upped the dry spices as well. The mixture did bake off nicely and I have it stored in bags for snacking. Thank your for sharing your recipe! Reviewed for PAC Fall'07.