Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy and nutritious, My favorite for lunches at work.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran or 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix together wheat bran and milk; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat together applesause, egg, sugar and vanilla and add to buttermilk/bran mixture.
- Sift together flour, flax, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until just blended.
- Fold in raisins and coconut spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!