Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Vandermint is a Dutch chocolate and mint flavored liqueur. Look for it at your liquor store.
- 11 chocolate mint sandwich cookie, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup vandermint liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vandermint liqueur
- chocolate-covered mint candies, to garnish
- Chocolate Cookie Crust:.
- In a small bowl stir together crushed cookies and melted butter or margarine until well-combined.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Vandermint Filling:.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, whipping cream, and cornstarch.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in liqueur and vanilla extract.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 200° and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- Easy Mint Topping:.
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream, sugar, and liqueur with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe whipped cream mixture around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Garnish with mints.
- Chill until serving time.