Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Amy Vanderbilt's cookbook posted to www.dgustibus.com DO NOT USE PUMPKIN PIE MIX that comes in a can. You want only pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 1 cup sieved cooked pumpkin or 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground nutmeg
- Prepare a 9 inch shell unbaked.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, cream, and pumpkin in a glass bowl.
- Blend at low speed until smooth and well mixed.
- Sift dry ingredients except the nutmeg with pumpkin mix.
- Blend again at high speed this time until smooth.
- Pour into the shell. Sprinkle with the nutmeg.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crust is browned and filling set. Let cook at room temp in the pan. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
I made this using a filling I'd made with steamed pumpkin (recipe will soon appear in this forum). The 10 people at our Thanksgiving table loved it, saying it was the best pumpkin pie they had ever had. It was superb, and I have saved this recipe for the future.