Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe has no known history but possibly is from the Grill Room at The Yale Club which is located on Vanderbilt Ave in New York City. The other possibility is Vanderbilt University and this is too upscale for college cuisine.
- 4 lamb chops, room temperature (1-1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 pineapple slices
- 4 tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 large mushroom caps
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 basil leaves, minced
- In a shallow pan, place melted butter. Dip one side of each lamb chop in the melted butter and place butter side up in broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place as near the broiling unit as possible and broil until about half done, about 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven.
- Turn over the chops and put 4 pineapple slices dipped in melted butter around the chops, and in the center of each pineapple slice, place a large mushroom cap dipped in melted butter. Pour remaining melted butter over the chops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place tomato halves sprinkled with salt and pepper between the pineapple slices, return to the oven and complete broiling.
- When chops are finished broiling, remove from pan. Sprinkle the tomatoes with grated cheese and basil and return to broiler to brown cheese.
- Serve each lamb chop with a pineapple ring and two tomato halves.