1/2 Photos of Vancouver Greek Restaurant Tzatziki
When I moved away from Vancouver to Nebraska, and got pregnant I was DYING for Greek food! So I called one of the Greek restaurants we used to go to and begged them for the ingredients. This tastes exactly like home and authentic Greek Tzatziki from the West Coast! It's super easy to make and fabulous with steak, chicken, pita bread, wraps or whatever else you want to put it on or in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium cucumber (peeled, seeded and grated or shredded)
- 16 ounces sour cream (light or regular, both work fine)
- 32 ounces plain yogurt (NOT the sugar free variety)
- 2 tablespoons dried dill, plus
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh dill, can be replaced for dried just remember the flavour is more intense in dried
- 1Line a strainer with a few coffee filters or cheesecloth, and place the yogurt to drain overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- 2After the yogurt has drained, peel, seed and grate the cucumber (I generally use the food processor- way faster), and squeeze it in some paper towels or cheesecloth to get rid of the excess moisture.
- 3Combine all ingredients (yogurt, sour cream, dill, minced garlic), stir to mix well.
- 4Put in separate containers (I usually just reuse the yogurt and sour cream containers), sprinkle with dill on top.
- 5Keep refrigerated, lasts until either the yogurt or sour cream expires (whichever comes first).
- 6Note the flavours will intensify somewhat, so if it's not strong enough immediately, wait until morning and you'll taste it!
- 7*Note:I usually give one of the containers away to friends who also love Tzatizi, since it's hard to find where we live.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vancouver Greek Restaurant Tzatziki
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 21.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: