Recipe by Charlotte J
What does Dracula say when he comes a calling? Trick or Treat!!! So trick those little goblins at your door with a treat of Vampire champagne. If you’re having a Halloween party this would be fun to serve for any age group!
Top Review by charlie #5
We've been making this for years. However, I usually make a red-colored punch and have it in a cauldron. The effect of the red corn syrup is chilling:) It doesn't take make to give you the effect. Don't try to get too much of the dyed corn syrup on the rim - makes for a sticky mess.
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring
- 1 liter seltzer water, chilled
- 1 cup cranberries or 1 cup apple juice, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Vampire's Blood: Pour corn syrup into a shallow bowl.
- Add food coloring, and stir.
- Dip the rim of a clear glass goblet into syrup mixture.
- (or champagne glasses) Turn glass upright so syrup drips down sides; let set for 1 minute.
- To make Champagne: Fill prepared glass 3/4 full of seltzer.
- Add a splash of cranberry or apple juice.