Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an adaption of a recipe we got from the "Goodfood" cookbook by Jane and Michael Stern. The original recipe called for cider vinegar and 2 tbls of minced fresh garlic. WELLLLLLL...we don't just like garlic...we LOVE garlic...so we "kicked it up another notch" and added the garlic vinegar and more cloves of garlic. You can adjust it to your taste if you don't want as much garlic...but it's better with more!!
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar (or less if you wish)
- 1⁄3 cup garlic-flavored red wine vinegar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (about 1/2 pint)
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour over 8 cups of finely shredded cabbage.
- This is about a 1 pound bag of prepared cabbage mix.
- Place in refrigerator and chill overnight for best flavor.
- If it gets too watery after the chilling period, you can pour off the juice and use for other things.
- Like a garlic dressing, or discard.
- This makes a lot so you can successfully half this recipe if you want.
- ("Please don't try this"-Dracula).
Great recipe. Loved the garlic & have never used it in Cole Slaw before. Will be making this often! Thank you Whimsical.