Recipe by Reeces Pieces
When my best friend moved away, her mom's good friend made a cheese spread for the going-away party that was so good I spent an entire year trying to find where she got the mix. I finally found it online, but at $12.50 each after shipping, I decided I could probably come close enough on my own. So, with a little experimentation, this is what I came up with. I warn you, it's quite addicting and you'll want to stay a polite distance from others when speaking after you eat it. You can put the dry ingredients together and store them in ziploc bags or small containers so that you can just pull out a mix and add it to the wet ingredients in a snap. I serve it with crackers or beer bread. It can also be rolled into a cheese ball or log for a nice presentation if you're feeling ambitious.
Top Review by aRc83
Love this recipe. I make extra packets of the mix to keep on hand (as other raters suggested). I have even tried using this mix in with burgers and sausage stuffing for stuffed mushroom caps. It gave great flavor to both applications.
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the dried spices. These can be stored for later use or used immediately.
- Mix together spices, softened cream cheese and wine until it is well incorporated and uniform.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Keep refrigerated until about 1/2 hour before serving. I recommend letting it rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the spices re-hydrate and the flavors to come out.
- If you have any left-overs they can be safely refrigerated and stored for up to a week or two in an air-tight container.