Recipe by Blue Eyes Willow
With the winter being all wonky this year I wanted something to boost my immunity. I also love garlic for more than its anti-viral, antibiotic properties. I roasted half of the garlic but it should turn out well to use all roasted or un-roasted. Use home-made chicken stock for more nourishing benefits. Added here to save my adaptations from http://theotherbabybook.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/nourishing-garlic-soup/
- 1 medium onion (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- 1 head garlic, cloves chopped and crushed
- 1 roasted head of garlic (or 1 teaspoon)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 medium small potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- creme fraiche, sour cream (use yogurt for added pro-biotic benefits) or yogurt (use yogurt for added pro-biotic benefits)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the celery and onions, and saute them in the butter with the un-roasted head of garlic.
- When vegetables are soft, add the stock and potatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Add the roasted garlic.
- Simmer the soup, covered, until the potatoes are soft.
- Add savory, thyme, and salt.
- Puree soup with a hand held blender, or throw in your blender or food processor. You can always add water if it is too thick.
- Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche, sour cream, or yogurt (plain is good too!).