1/2 Photos of Vampire Cookies
1 hr 30 mins
tammy dalton's Note:
These are fun cookies for Halloween or a vampire genre party.The cookies have a light vanilla and butter flavor to them, and are the perfect color to really set off the red of the filling. The have a slightly crisp edge and a soft, chewy center. When you take a bite and expose the jam, they really do look like they’re bleeding! They are baked at a slightly cooler temperature than some cookies, so they don’t really brown during baking. Best if served the same day. I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Baking Bites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light.
- 3Beat in egg and extracts.
- 4Add flour and salt to the bowl and mix them into the butter-sugar mixture at low speed until dough is just combined.
- 5Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 6Divide dough in half and keep the portion you are not using in the refrigerator.
- 7Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/8-inch thick.
- 8Use a cookie cutter to cut out 2-inch rounds.
- 9Place rounds on a baking sheet, put a teaspoon of jam on each of them and cover with another round of dough. Press edges down lightly, pinching the edges onto the cookie sheet.
- 10Use a toothpick and poke two small holes (like a vampire bite) in the top of each cookie.
- 11Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set.
- 12Cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 13Dip a toothpick in some extra red jam and re-insert in the “bite” holes you made before baking to emphasize them, if not already red. Draw a blood trickle down from one of the bites with the jam, if desired.
- 14Cookies are best the day they are made.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vampire Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 80.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g