Recipe by Southern Polar Bear
Your little ghosts and goblins will get a "bite" out of these Halloween cookies. When finished, the lipped shaped sugar cookies have sharp fangs gripping onto miniature Milky Way chocolate bars. Ooooo, scary!!
- 24 (18 g) fun size Milky Way miniature candy bars
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- red food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup red decorator's sugar
- 1⁄4 cup decorator's white frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg; beat well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the dough until blended. A.
- dd enough food coloring to tint the dough a bright red.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line the cookie sheet pans with the parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Use a lip shaped cookie cutter to cut out 24 lip shapes. Or, you can form the dough into 24 balls and flatten each slightly to create free-form shaped lips using your hands to pinch and shape the dough. Transfer these to the prepared cookie sheets.
- Re-roll the scraps if necessary.
- Sprinkle the cookies with red sugar.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and immediately press an unwrapped MILKY WAY® Fun Size chocolate bar piece into the center of each cookie. Cool completely.
- Use vanilla frosting to pipe fangs over the candy.