Recipe by Caryn
This recipe comes from 'The Pampered Chef Favorites' cookbook at the request of a Zaar member. (guessed on prep time)
Top Review by pmsakamoto
For all my canapes, I use this recipe. Here are my modifications: Bake at 375° for 55 minutes, use 3 3/4 cups flour, and do not let the bread rise while in the tube or else it will overflow during baking.
- 1⁄3 cup very warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 -4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In measuring cup, combine warm water, sugar, and yeast.
- Let stand 5 minutes stirring occasionally until mixture is foamy.
- In large bowl, combine milk, butter, and salt.
- Add yeast mixture to bowl and stir to combine.
- Add 2 1/2 cups flour and stir.
- Stir in as much of remaining flour as necessary to form soft dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured board and knead for 7 minutes.
- Shape dough into smooth ball.
- Put into greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place bowl in warm, draft-free place to rise until double in bulk.
- Punch dough down.
- Divide dough in half, roll into log 3 to 4 inches shorter than the Valtrompia Bread Tube, and insert in tube.
- Cap and bake in a preheated 400 degree F.
- oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Remove from tube to cool.