Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is my favorite chili recipe, tweaked to my liking. It is a very thick chili, and is GREAT on chili dogs!
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb boneless round steak
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans or 4 (15 ounce) cansother chili beans, divided
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- Lightly brown meat, drain.
- In a blender, blend together 1 can of tomatoes and 2 cans drained beans.
- Combine all ingredients, including meat and bean puree into crockpot.
- Cook on high 4-6 hrs or on low 8-10 hours.