Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the column "Just Food" of the City Times, a supplement of the Khaleej Times newspaper.
- 750 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 225 g white chocolate (Valrhona chocolate or any other good quality chocolate will do)
- 1 cup plain digestive biscuit, crushed finely
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour an 8" spring form tin.
- Add the melted 1 1/4 cup butter to the crushed biscuits to make the base.
- Press firmly into the spring form tin and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until it is smooth and lump free.
- Add the flour, combining well.
- Add the beaten egg and sour cream.
- Carefully melt the white chocolate over a double boiler, or on low in a microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring often until melted.
- Whisk 1 1/4 of the cheesecake mix into the white chocolate, then fold back into the main mixture.
- Pour into the prepared base and place on a baking tray in the centre shelf of the oven.
- Bake at 160C for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until the centre is set.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator before removing from the tin.
- Serve with fresh fruit or accompaniments of your choice.