From epicurious.com. You will need 6 4 oz ramekins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 275°F.
- 2Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan with tip of a paring knife, then add pod, milk, cream, and sugar and bring just to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add chocolate and cook over moderately high heat, stirring gently with a whisk, until chocolate is melted and mixture just boils. Remove from heat.
- 3Pour mixture into a metal bowl. Set bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Whisk in yolks, then pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a 1-quart measure, discarding pod and any other solids.
- 4Divide mixture among ramekins. Bake in a water bath until puddings are just set around edge but centers wobble when ramekins are gently shaken, about 1 hour.
- 5Cool puddings in water bath 1 hour, then remove from water and chill, uncovered, until cold, at least 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valrhona Chocolate Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.9 mg
- Sodium 40.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: