Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
YUMMY, alcoholic, does it get better?
- 4 oranges, juice of, , but it's not the same (, but it's not the same)
- Amaretto, equal to the oz of the orange juice (after strained)
- prepared sweet-and-sour mix, to equal the amt of the oj too
- 1 ounce Bacardi light rum
- Garnish with a bright red cherry and an orange rind.
- juice your oranges.
- strain your oranges.
- put juice into measuring thingie (ya know, with the oz's on the side, lol).
- pour in amaretto (same amt as oj).
- pour in sweet and sour mix (same amt as oj, too).
- fill with ice, then add bacardi.
- If you have a shaker, shake it up really good (with ice) and pour into'old fashioneds' glasses (I don't mean yo gramma's glasses, I mean lil glass tumblers, short and stout).
- If you don't, use a mixer or stir stick and mix it up real well.
- Quick Tip: ALWAYS fill glasses to the top with ice before pouring in drink.
This was really a delicious drink. The amaretto really adds a nice touch, and the sweet & sour mix rounds out the total flavor boost for this cocktail. I will definitely be making this often. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Vallie. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
Terrific! I love amaretto and this is a drink I often order out but never make at home - well now I will! The extra splash of rum is a nice touch. This drink is sweet and smooth - one of my favorites - thanks for sharing!