2 hrs 10 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
This is my version of a French Silk recipe I found. The filling is wonderful, not too sweet, and just chocolaty enough. It tastes just like the French Silk Pie at Baker's Square!!! (Prep time shown here includes refrigeration time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces hershey baking chocolate, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, chilled
- 1 pie shells (I prefer chocolate. Do not use graham cracker pie shell!) or 1 chocolate crumb pie shell, If you make it yourself, chill the crust first (I prefer chocolate. Do not use graham cracker pie shell!)
- whipped cream (Cool Whip works great) or whipped topping (Cool Whip works great)
- slivered almonds
- 1Creme softened, but not melted, butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- 2In a double boiler melt chocolate with 2 teaspoons of water and blend with vanilla.
- 3Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, beating each for at least 2 minutes before adding the next.
- 4Whip until very light and fluffy.
- 5Pour immediately into pie shell and refrigerate (before it loses it's fluffiness).
- 6Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- 7Top with whipped cream or whipped topping and sprinkle with almond slivers.
- 8(I grate up some of the unsweetened chocolate to make chocolate curls, or sprinkles at least).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valerie's Perfected French Silk Pie
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2695.8
- Calories from Fat 1856
- Total Fat 206.2 g
- Saturated Fat 103.8 g
- Cholesterol 667.0 mg
- Sodium 1749.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 208.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 102.3 g
- Protein 35.5 g