Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This chicken pot pie is so easy to make. I include it in my "three meals in thirty minutes" lesson. Get chicken on sale and cook several cups in advance. Shred and freeze in plastic freezer bags with 2 Cups per bag. Then you have the only time-consuming ingredient already cooked! Everyone who tries this dish loves it! The French herbs give it a lovely flavor that sets it apart.
- 2 cups chicken meat, cooked and chunked or shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄2 medium potato, diced. (or more if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) boxrefrigerated ready-to-use pie crusts
- Heat oven to 425°F
- Boil vegetables in a small sauce pan for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together soup, milk, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Drain liquid from vegetables. Gently stir vegetables and chicken in to the soup and milk mixture.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with 1 crust.
- Add filling.
- Top with other crust; fold edges under and crimp. Cut slits in top to vent.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until pastry is golden and filling is hot.
Before giving my review on this, I have to say I'm pleased to be the first one to rate this recipe. This was made on 3/29/09 for mine and SO's dinner.Since I used a home made pie crust instead of the ready-to-use, it took me a bit longer to make. For the veggies, I used some leftovers that had previously been frozen. When this is made again I think the amount of herbes de provence will be cut back to just 1/2 tablespoon, the full amount to us seemed a bit over powering. And I'm going to omit the milk, since the pot pie was a little on the runny side. But other than that, we found that this was a very good dish. This will be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"