Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Kid pleasing creamy chicken chili, best served with jack cheese and sour cream on top with scooping tortilla chips. Quick and easy!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans or 4 (15 ounce) canswhite beans with seasoning, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, if you want real spice
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (optional)
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- tortilla chips, Tostito Scoops are awesome for this
- Saute' onion and garlic in pan until soft. Add Broth and chicken breasts and simmer until chicken shreds. You can use the Crock Pot for this so you can start in the morning and leave! Or start at night, shred chicken in the morning and finish in the crockpot in the afternoon.
- After shredding chicken, add beans and spices and simmer for as long as you want in the crockpot or for at least 30 minutes in pan. Add corn and warm and serve with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream on top.
Very tasty white bean chili! I found this recipe a little runny the first time I made it, so I added 1/3 cup flour before adding the broth and got the consistency that I liked. I only used 3 cans of beans and less than 2 chicken breasts and thought that was plenty. I kicked it up with a T. of chili powder.