Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These chicken wings are pretty simple and tasty. Enjoy!
- 15 chicken wings (cut at the joint and the wing tip discarded)
- 1 cup valentino hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cups flour
- oil (for frying, between 1 1/2-2 1/2 cups)
- Heat the oil on medium high in a large frying pan (add enough oil to go up to almost half way the frying pan).
- Mix the honey and Valentino hot sauce together in a bowl. In another bowl mix the flour, garlic salt and pepper. Taste the flour to make sure that you have added enough garlic salt, if not add more.
- One at a time, dip the chicken wings in the Valentino/honey mix then in the flour mix, set aside. Finish covering the rest of the chicken wings and place in the hot oil. Cover and RAISE the heat to almost high for about 2 mins then return to medium high. The reason for this is because when cold meat is placed in hot oil, the temperature drops a little and tends to absorb into the meat instead of frying it.
- Fry on each side for about 10-12 mins or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper plate.