Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful dessert for two!
- 2 slices angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced or 3⁄4 cup raspberries
- 1 (4 ounce) container prepared vanilla pudding
- 1⁄4 cup whipped cream or 1⁄4 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, gently fold together the vanilla pudding and whipped cream or topping. If desired, stir in red food coloring.
- Using 2 parfait or sundae glasses, place one-fourth of the cake cubes in the bottom of each glass. Add one-fourth of the berries and one-fourth of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers. Serve immediately.
My boyfriend & I had this and it was delicious! Instead of mixing together the pudding and whipped cream, we just made them separate layers and added some on top! It was good with strawberries but next time I want to try it with more fruit.
I love to do this with pound cake and I marinate the strawberries in a little sugar to release their juices.