Recipe by Elana's Pantry
These vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free cookies use the same dough as yesterday’s recipe for Black and White Cookies. My favorite thing about this cookie dough is that it requires only 5 ingredients, keeping the recipe quite simple. You can make this easy, versatile dough into both the black and white cookies and linzer hearts. Two types of cookies, more Valentine’s fun! The full recipe can be found at elanaspantry.com: http://www.elanaspantry.com/2008/02/10/linzer-hearts/
- 2 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour (Bob's Red Mill Blanched Almond Flour will NOT work!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fiori di fruta raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine grapeseed oil, agave and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Chill dough in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Between 2 pieces of parchment paper, roll out dough 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out 2 hearts of the same size.
- Take a smaller heart cookie cutter to cut out the center of one of the hearts.
- Press your thumb into the solid heart to make an indentation, then fill this spot with jam.
- Place the hollow heart on top of the jam covered heart.
- Bake hearts at 350 degrees on a parchment lined baking sheet for 5-7 minutes until brown around the edges.
- Cool and Serve.