1/1 Photo of Valentines Day Linzer Heart Cookies
Elana's Pantry's Note:
These vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free cookies use the same dough as yesterday’s recipe for Black and White Cookies. My favorite thing about this cookie dough is that it requires only 5 ingredients, keeping the recipe quite simple. You can make this easy, versatile dough into both the black and white cookies and linzer hearts. Two types of cookies, more Valentine’s fun! The full recipe can be found at elanaspantry.com: http://www.elanaspantry.com/2008/02/10/linzer-hearts/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine almond flour and salt.
- 2In a smaller bowl, combine grapeseed oil, agave and vanilla.
- 3Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- 4Chill dough in freezer for 30 minutes.
- 5Between 2 pieces of parchment paper, roll out dough 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick.
- 6Use a cookie cutter to cut out 2 hearts of the same size.
- 7Take a smaller heart cookie cutter to cut out the center of one of the hearts.
- 8Press your thumb into the solid heart to make an indentation, then fill this spot with jam.
- 9Place the hollow heart on top of the jam covered heart.
- 10Bake hearts at 350 degrees on a parchment lined baking sheet for 5-7 minutes until brown around the edges.
- 11Cool and Serve.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valentines Day Linzer Heart Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 158.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: