1/2 Photos of Valentine's Day Krispie Treat Hearts
A few drops of almond extract & some red food coloring will have them flocking to be your sweetheart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray an 11x15 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. (I use a jelly roll pan because the sides are the perfect height for 1-inch tall treats & it makes it very easy to level the mixture.).
- 2In large pan or dutch oven, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows & stir until completely melted. (I use a heavy duty Kitchenaid rubber scraper to help chop up the marshmallow chunks & whip the mixture until smooth.).
- 3When marshmallows are melted & smooth, turn off heat & add almond extract & food coloring. Stir well.
- 4Remove from burner & add rice krispies. Stir till combined.
- 5Turn mixture out onto prepared jelly roll pan.
- 6Cut a piece of waxed paper to fit the length of pan & spray one side with cooking spray.
- 7Lay paper, spray side down, on top of mixture. Use hands on top of paper to press mixture firmly into pan. (Be sure to spread evenly into corners & along edges.) When finished, mixture will be slightly below the top edge of pan & level all the way across.
- 8Remove waxed paper & set aside for later.
- 9Let krispies cool in pan for about 5 minutes.
- 10Lay waxed paper over pan again & flip everything over onto counter, cutting board or cookie sheet. Tap bottom of pan & let mixture fall out onto waxed paper.
- 11Spray inside of cookie cutter with cooking spray (repeat as necessary) & cut 6 - 7 hearts out of mixture.
- 12Put each heart into a non-zippered gallon size baggie, gently squeeze air out & tie with ribbons. (I usually trim a couple inches off the top of the baggie after tying.).
- 13I like to tie on handmade name tags or other decorations.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valentine's Day Krispie Treat Hearts
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 342.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 44.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g