Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Looking for a great idea to suprise someone special on Valentine's Day? Well here are some amazing cookies that will help you do that!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, Softened at Room Temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375*. Lightly grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Gradually add flour mixture and blend well.
- Gather dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, until firm.
- Sprinkle a light coating of sugar on the counter. Using half the dough at a time, roll dough out to about ¼ inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Lift cookies with spatula onto the cookie sheet. Leave about 1 ½" between cookies.
- Make a stencil to create the “v” shape with the red sugar using a piece of poster board.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until cookies are firm and edges are just starting to brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt chocolate chips (or chunks) until smooth. Dip the cookies until the chocolate reaches the line of the red sugar “v”. Place on a wire rack and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the chocolate to harden on the cookies.