1/1 Photo of Valentine's Day Cookies
Looking for a great idea to suprise someone special on Valentine's Day? Well here are some amazing cookies that will help you do that!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375*. Lightly grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper.
- 2Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- 3Cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- 5Gradually add flour mixture and blend well.
- 6Gather dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, until firm.
- 7Sprinkle a light coating of sugar on the counter. Using half the dough at a time, roll dough out to about ¼ inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Lift cookies with spatula onto the cookie sheet. Leave about 1 ½" between cookies.
- 8Make a stencil to create the “v” shape with the red sugar using a piece of poster board.
- 9Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until cookies are firm and edges are just starting to brown.
- 10Remove to wire rack to cool.
- 11In a medium sauce pan, melt chocolate chips (or chunks) until smooth. Dip the cookies until the chocolate reaches the line of the red sugar “v”. Place on a wire rack and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the chocolate to harden on the cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valentine's Day Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.3
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 154.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 47.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g