1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I got this in the mail many years ago, bought the pans, lost the recipe. I just found it today so I'm posting it. I think you have to see the picture to get the "full effect", but it's not my picture. I'll put it in a safe place, if anyone wants to see the picture to make this, I'll scan it for you, just Zmail me! If you post your picture, even better! I'm going to try to remember to make this next year myself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 (16 ounce) can prepared vanilla, frostin plus
- 1 cup prepared vanilla frosting
- red food coloring
- 1You will also need: candy sugar hearts, 2 9-inch heart-shaped cake pans, a pastry bag, a small writing tip and a medium round tip.
- 2MAKING THE CAKE:.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375~F. Grease and flour the pans well. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, useing an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, ending with flour mixture, to butter mixture. Add vanilla; mix until blended.
- 5In another bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff, but not dry, peaks form. Fold egg shites in to batter until just combined.
- 6Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake cakes until a toothpick comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Transfer pans to a wire rack; cool for 10 minutes. Turn cakes into wire rack; cool completely.
- 7DECORATING THE CAKE:.
- 8Tint can of vanilla frosting with red food coloring until it is light pink. Trim tops off of each cake to make the cake level.
- 9Place one cake on a serving plate; spread top with 1/2 cup pink frosting. Top with remaining cake; frost top and sides with remaining frosting.
- 10Spoon 1 cup white frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a small writing tip. Pike a squiggle design on each cake sides.
- 11Fit pastry bag with medium round tip and pipe a pearl design around the top edge of cake. Pipe dots of frosting 1/2 inch apart around the bottom and 1 inch toward the center on top of the cake. Place candy hearts between each piped dot on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valentine's Day Cake
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 311.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: