I made this using my Kittencal's Extreme Chocolate Brownies which worked well you may use your own favorite brownie recipe or use boxed, remember to freeze the brownie hearts or squares before placing on the icing --- servings is only estimated it will depend on the size of cutters that you use --- Happy Valentines Day! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package pillsbury brownie classics traditional fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pillsbury creamy supreme fudge frosting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- red cake decorating gel (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with foil extending the foil over sides of the pan.
- 3Grease only bottom of the foil.
- 4In a large bowl combine the brownie mix with oil, water and eggs; beat 50 strokes with a wooden spoon.
- 5Spread batter into greased foil-lined baking pan.
- 6Bake for about 28-30 minutes or until set (do not overbake!).
- 7Cool 1 hour in pan (or until completely cooled).
- 8Remove brownies from pan by lifting the foil.
- 9Place the unsliced brownies in the freezer; freeze for 30 minutes.
- 10Using a Valentines heart-shaped cookie cutter cut into heart shapes or using a knife slice into 1-1/4-inch squares or as desired.
- 11Return to freezer while preparing the icing.
- 12For the icing; in a medium saucepan melt the chocolate chips over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- 13Add in canned frosting and vanilla; mix to combine, then heat 1-2 minutes or until of desired coating consistancy, stirring constantly; remove from hea.
- 14To coat each heart or square with icing; place the brownie on fork over the sauce, spoon the icing over brownie, coating all sides except the bottom (if icing thickens heat over low heat until desired consistancy).
- 15Place on small flat sheet lined with wax paper.
- 16Repeat with all the brownie heart or squares.
- 17Place in refrigerator to firm up.
- 18Drizzle the tops of the cold squares with red decorator icing if desired.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valentine's Brownie Petits Fours
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 44.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: