Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 28 mins
I made this using my Kittencal's Extreme Chocolate Brownies which worked well you may use your own favorite brownie recipe or use boxed, remember to freeze the brownie hearts or squares before placing on the icing --- servings is only estimated it will depend on the size of cutters that you use --- Happy Valentines Day! :)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with foil extending the foil over sides of the pan.
- Grease only bottom of the foil.
- In a large bowl combine the brownie mix with oil, water and eggs; beat 50 strokes with a wooden spoon.
- Spread batter into greased foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake for about 28-30 minutes or until set (do not overbake!).
- Cool 1 hour in pan (or until completely cooled).
- Remove brownies from pan by lifting the foil.
- Place the unsliced brownies in the freezer; freeze for 30 minutes.
- Using a Valentines heart-shaped cookie cutter cut into heart shapes or using a knife slice into 1-1/4-inch squares or as desired.
- Return to freezer while preparing the icing.
- For the icing; in a medium saucepan melt the chocolate chips over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add in canned frosting and vanilla; mix to combine, then heat 1-2 minutes or until of desired coating consistancy, stirring constantly; remove from hea.
- To coat each heart or square with icing; place the brownie on fork over the sauce, spoon the icing over brownie, coating all sides except the bottom (if icing thickens heat over low heat until desired consistancy).
- Place on small flat sheet lined with wax paper.
- Repeat with all the brownie heart or squares.
- Place in refrigerator to firm up.
- Drizzle the tops of the cold squares with red decorator icing if desired.
Oh boy I made these for a dinner party a few weeks back and let me tell you people went crazy!! I used The Best Brownies for the brownies and used a tiny heart cookie cutter to cut them out they were ADORABLE!!! I also dipped them in chocolate almond bark instead of the icing because that's what I had on hand. BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS!