Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
i call this recipe valentine's asparagus because i created it for my valentine using about 3 different recipes. i was seriously worried that the flavors wouldn't go together, but luckily i worried for nothing!! this was a great dish and very different from how i've previously had/made asparagus. the pecans give it a really great crunch!
- 1 bunch thick stalk asparagus, cut in half
- 5 ounces pecans, chopped
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- fry bacon until crisp, saving most of the drippings. crumble bacon.
- add shallots & garlic to the bacon skillet, saute 3 minutes.
- add butter and let melt, add the asparagus and seasonings and stir to coat evenly. let cook for 5 minutes.
- add balsamic vinegar and stirring occasionally cover and let cook for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- add pecans & bacon during the last few minutes and stir.
- i like my asparagus on the softer side, so if you prefer it more crisp adjust the cooking time accordingly.