1/2 Photos of Valentine Sugar Cookies
1 hr 15 mins
These cookies are better than Grandma's! It's important to use both shortening and butter in this recipe. The butter makes them soft on the inside, and the shortening makes them crisper on the outside. To frost them, I use equal parts of butter and cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and enough powdered sugar to pull it together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside until ready to use.
- 2Add butter, shortening, and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and cream together for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the eggs, sour cream. Mix completely.
- 4Add in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Mix well.
- 5Add the flour mixture and blend together. If dough is too moist, add more flour to accomodate.
- 6Chill dough for about 1 hour.
- 7Roll out the dough, cut in desired shape.
- 8Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 8 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- 9Decorate as desired with frosting and sprinkles.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valentine Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 327.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g