Recipe by Bergy
How to say "I Love You" without even a card. Combine this with their favorite dinner and you have a winner. They look wonderful with the red heart smiling up at them
- 6 (1 inch) pieces sweet red peppers, cut into heart shaped (use hot red pepper if yopu want to dump him/her)
- 1 3⁄4 ounces spinach, steamed,drain,squeeze dry and chop
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash cayenne
- 3 eggs, beaten until blended
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cream (whipping or coffee cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350f with rack in lower 1/3 of the oven.
- Lightly oil six Timbale molds or custard cups that will hold 1/2 cup.
- Place pimiento heart in the bottom of each, shiny side down.
- Melt butter in a skillet, medium heat, add onions cook about 5 minor until tender.
- Transfer onions to a bowl and stir in the cheese,breadcrumbs, nutmeg and cayenne.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Warm the milk& cream in a small saucepan over low heat (have it just warm).
- Slowly beat milk into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Season to Taste.
- Spoon into the prepared molds.
- Place molds in an ovenproof dish and add water to come 1/2 way up ther sides of the molds.
- Bake about 35-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Remove from water bath and let stand 5 minutes.
- Invert onto each plate being care ful when removing the timbale not to break it.
- Serve immediately with your favorite Valentines dinner.